Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Hello once again. No I did not disappear, I just have been doing other things. First things first. HAPPY EASTER. PRAISE GOD FOR THE RISEN CHRIST. I had an opportunity to watch an Easter Cantata last evening. I wouldn’t have missed it for anything. It was the best show I have ever watched. The realistic sounds made it difficult to watch at times without shedding a tear. One of the scenes reminded me of the film “The Passion of the Christ” They led Christ through the streets and up to the hill and nailed him down. It was very realistic and hard to watch, and then after he died, Mary was wailing and wailing from the time they took him down until they took his body away, It was hard listening too that as well. It was an outstanding performance and I it would be a difficult match for any church to try.
I had to catch a ride to the show because my truck decided to die. Yes, the Blue Thunder is out of commission. It all started Thursday. I went to Tallahassee, to pick up an item from another location where I work. I made it there No Problem. I had made it almost all the way back to town when my luck ran out. As I crested the small hill and pushed the throttle down just a little get over the hump it stalled. I thought “Maybe a little more gas” No can do. “Switch gears” …nothing. Now what? I have to be at work in an hour and a half and I am in the middle of nowhere. No phone, for it was lost in the house, only God knows where it is. I check the engine, It looks fine… nothing wrong. What could it be? I try to turn it over, it isn’t going nowhere. Ok now desperate, I head down the road to try to find a phone. After about 10 minutes. Someone finally picks me up and takes me to my house. I make it to work on time, which was a miracle in itself, between catching a ride back to my truck and getting a tow truck back out there to tow it home. Now the Blue Thunder sits idle in the driveway, her last days probably have came for she is 15 years old, with over 300,000 , miles on her and it cost more to fix than I could get a trade in for. So it is time to look for a new vehicle. Got to be another truck. That’s all. Won’t settle for a car. I don’t have a use for them.
What ever happen to Shipwreck Entertainment? Did I hear you had more home movies? Yes! I did make those DVD’s recently. Quality isn’t the best, especially the first one, for the vcr was skipping and it was hard to get them out. I just finished the last one Wednesday, and now Shipwreck Entertainment is no more, at least until go somewhere worth videotaping.. Making the Hawaii tapes made me want to go back, but with a busted vehicle that’s a little out of the budget at this point. I have a couple of great photos I posted on my website. You can view them here http://www.myspace.com/shipwreck_john
Until next time…….Shipwreck.

No comments: